Sunday, March 29, 2009

Glad to see the sun, but....

Wow, the wind sure was strong today. As bad as I wanted to run outside, I just couldn't do it. I went to the gym and got a quick three miles in on the treadmill and called it a day.

I think I'll fall short of my 100 mile goal for the month, but I will still be on schedule for my 12o0 miles for the year. In fact, I am less than a mile away from hitting 3oo miles in the first three months.

I had a horrifying thought today while I was on the treadmill. The Greer Earth Day Half Marathon is 4 weeks from yesterday! I definitely have to get some long runs in during the next few weeks. I plan on running Monday and Tuesday of this week and then probably a short easy run on Thursday. After the race on Saturday, I'll try to get some good long runs in during spring break. It looks like good running weather for that week with highs in the low 60's most of the time.

I got really ticked at the gym today. Lee went before me and when she came back she told me to take a towel because they were out. Of course, I forgot to grab one and that is one reason I quit at three miles. I got tired of the sweat running down into my eyes. I don't expect our gym to have someone there all the time, it is a 24 hour access kind of place but it is only staffed for about eight hours a day monday-friday. I do expect them to keep towels stocked and the bathrooms halfway clean. Of course, I am just as mad at my fellow members that can't seem to use common courtesy and keep the bathrooms clean too. I think that the overload of trainers that use the gym causes a lot of the towel problems as they seem to think handing their client a fresh towel about every 10 minutes is some kind sign they are a good trainer.

Enough rants, but I am glad that my membership is up for renewal. I am now fired up enough to shop around....

0 comments:

Post a Comment