Thursday, March 19, 2009

Spring has sprung?

So is it safe to pack away the cold weather gear now? The 15 day forecast shows pretty warm weather so I am hoping that the long sleeves and tights are a thing of the past. I ran 7 miles on Tuesday and again on Wednesday. As much as I wanted to run again today because of the good weather, I went to the gym and hit the elliptical due to time constraints and a desire to keep from 'over-training'. I have slowly learned that at five miles or less a day, I can run without many breaks but if I extend it beyond then I need to avoid the pavement every two or three days.

I still haven't managed to do any weight training. I read an article in Runners World about how weight training is a great way to lose weight because of the metabolism boost from having more muscle. I read where it can really help your form when running. I spent a few minutes looking at the nautilus machines and the free weights at the gym too. So far all that reading hasn't translated into action, but I still have hope that it will!


0 comments:

Post a Comment