Saturday, March 21, 2009

7 miles today...

Yoga didn't work out so Lee and I ran 7 miles together. Her longest run to date! It was a great morning for running but the weather was kind of cool. Lee went with warm clothes while went with shorts and short sleeves. I think we were both happy with our choices!

It is amazing how much faster a run goes when you are with someone else. I guess that is one reason I like races. Even though you are not running 'with' the others you are not alone. There is always someone to encourage you and always someone for you to encourage. In general, I have found runners to be some of the most supportive athletes I have ever been around. They are always there to offer you a pat on the back when you need it. I haven't ever finished a race where there weren't a bunch of the folks that already finished standing at the finish line yelling for you. That is when you realize the race is really against yourself and the goal is finish and do your best. It is a competition against yourself wrapped up in a competition against others.

0 comments:

Post a Comment