Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Terrific Tuesday....

I got in 4 miles yesterday. The gloves and headband felt great in the wind. I ran at mid-speed pace for me of about 8:24. I am really having a hard time with my 7-8 mile loop now because traffic seems to be getting worse on the most dangerous leg of the run. I expected it to be easier after the leaves fell because I could see better, but somehow the number of cars and speed at which they are traveling is really increasing. I have an alternate route, but unfortunately it ends with some very steep hills. I guess I am going to have to just suck it up and run the hills. I have been put in the ditch twice lately and I am afraid the third time might be a ‘strike out’!

It felt good to get back to yoga today. We did a great core workout and I felt really good afterwards. I hope I feel good enough to get my 9 miles in tomorrow. I also want to sit down this week and map out some paths for my longer runs. I could easily do a couple of loops of my normal routes, but I think it would be good to stretch my horizons and go a little longer. I also need to get pouch for my fuel belt that can hold a cell phone in case I need a ride home!

I ran at night once last week and really enjoyed seeing all the Christmas lights. You get a different perspective on them from your feet than you do from a car. I may plan a night time run a little later in the season when even morel lights are up.

0 comments:

Post a Comment