Thursday, December 11, 2008

Rain yes, ligtning no!

I started off on my 9 mile scheduled run yesterday in a heavy downpour. I was doing OK at the 2 mile mark and actually felt like I was going to start enjoying the run once I got off of East North Street. Then I saw the flash and heard the thunder. I checked my Garmin and I was 2.34 miles into the run, but I knew I was only about a mile from the house if I took the most direct route back. Needless to say, I ran a negative split back to the house! I’m not sure what I am going to do today. I would like to go run, but I may just hit the dreadmill at the gym. 

lightning-gallery-18

Meanwhile, I am back on the weight watchers plan full time as I have crept up to the top of my ‘allowable weight range’. I know most of it has to do with the holidays, but I don’t want to lose my lifetime status. WW did their annual change to the program this week, so I am learning about the changes. They basically combined the core & flex plans into one program, but I need to understand some of the new features. I’m glad I have thrown out all my old clothes so that I don’t have any choice but to stay ‘on plan’. It still amazes me that I can run as much as I can and still struggle with my weight. I know it is simple math, calories in vs calories burned, but dang it I burn a lot of calories!

0 comments:

Post a Comment