Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Cross training today...

Today was a scheduled cross training day.  I went to the gym and did 45 minutes on the bike.  I broke a good sweat and really worked the opposing muscles in my legs.  I like the new schedule I am on that will give me 3 days of rest/cross training.  I plan to spend at least one on the bike.

My coach, Allan, has talked me into running the 1/2 marathon in T.R. on January 3rd.  He will be tapering for his Boston Qualifying shot in Houston on 1/18, so hopefully he won't smoke me too bad.  He also is considering running MB with me to help me set my pace...  I don't know if he can run that slow for 26.2 miles though.

They have a 5K at the same time of the 1/2 marathon on January 3rd, so come on out and run or walk.  It's great way to break in the new year!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Bud! I've taken a short little hippity hop through your archives. I really admire your dedication and positive attitude. And the fact that at some point in your life you will likely run over 20 miles, altogether. My husband Al did triathlon training when we were dating but has stopped now since the kiddos were born. (Babies require their own special brand of endurance.) He loved it and was in amazing shape back then. (Not that he isn't pretty as a picture NOW, mind you!) Anyway, I wish you flat roads and good-fittin' shoes. And Godspeed, Robert!

    ReplyDelete