Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas day is in the rearview mirror, time to focus on training...

Christmas was really great.  I know Christmas is great with little kids, but as ours get a little older it is a nice change too.  They still love their presents, but they enjoy family a little more too.  They also can handle a day of celebration without naps and tantrums!!

I got a great pair of running tights that I was not expecting.  That was a great surprise, I hope it actually gets cold enough to need them.  Although, I must admit that an early spring wouldn't bother me either.  Another great surprise was that the tights were actually too big!  I loved that and didn't mind going downtown to exchange them today.  In fact, we spent a good portion of the day out running errands.  We avoided going into the mall even though we had to circle it to get to some stores on the perimeter.  

I got Lee a cool Timex Ironman watch that also controls you iPod.  She wants a Garmin eventually, but wanted a watch with interval timing for now.  I priced it at two stores for $100 to $130, so I was about to just buy her the Garmin.  Then I went to Costco and they had the exact same watch for $29.  That left enough in the budget to get her a new pair of Nikes that she wanted.

Now it is time for me to really focus on training.  I got in 6.5 today, though I didn't do speedwork.  I am skipping tomorrow and and running 16 on Sunday.  I am switching this week and next week so that I can get the Resolution Run 1/2 Marathon in next Saturday.  I am going to run it at a comfortable 9:30 pace (hopefully) and use it as a workout.  My coach/buddy Allan is going to pace me on it.  That will be a nice slow run for him as he gets ready to try and BQ at the Houston marathon 2 weeks later.

One other thing, my Nike Air Zoom Structure Triax +11's are still the bomb.  I can't believe how great they feel and I am having a hard time rotating them.

0 comments:

Post a Comment