Monday, December 15, 2008

New shoes = New commitment?

Well, I got the new shoes yesterday. I haven’t run in them yet. The guy at Fleet Feet was real patient and worked with me a long time. I loved the first pair I tried on, but he got me into two or three others just for comparison. I ended up with the Nike Air Zoom Structure Triax 11. I am generally not a big Nike fan, but these felt incredible when I put them on.
42719_m

He bumped me up a half size and I am still not sure I am comfortable with that, but the folks at Fleet Feet have never steered me wrong before. They also will allow me to return them if I don’t like them after a run or two... 

I have been so slack the last two weeks that I can’t believe it. Well, it really hasn’t been a lack of desire or effort but really I have just had to put other priorities on top of running. After tonight, most of my commitments should be covered and I hope to be able to really get back on track.

I did a stint on the dreadmill on Friday and I remembered why I hate them. Of course, the fact that I lost my headphones didn’t help any. I also forgot what it was like to run up hill the entire time. Next time, I think I will do a manual program and keep it flat for part of the way. My calves were not happy on Saturday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment