Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Great day for a run and oh yeah, Merry Christmas!!....

Today was perfect running weather, at least until the rain started.  I got out early for some last minute shopping and got home in time for a 7 miler before lunch.  The weather was perfect and I felt great.  I started to run with a Santa hat on, but then I decided that getting a Santa hat all wet and sweaty wouldn't make the rest of my family very happy!

Traffic was pretty light, so the section of E. North St. that I run on was a breeze.  I was supposed to run at a 10:06 pace according to my training schedule, but I ended up at about 9:30.  9:30 is the pace I am planning on running for the half next Saturday (1/3), so it was good getting 7 in at that pace today.  I think I can sustain it for a half and still have a good recovery to keep on my marathon training.

I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas!  I won't be running tomorrow, but you can bet I'll be back out on Friday....  

0 comments:

Post a Comment