Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Rest Day....

Today was a rest day after a long run yesterday.  I am off a day, but should be OK with this schedule for the rest of the week.  I'll run tomorrow and get Christmas off.  Then Have runs on Friday and Saturday.

I stopped by Fleet Feet today and feel confident in saying that there will be lots of runners getting goodies for Christmas this year.  I had a hard time focusing on others instead of looking at goodies for myself!  Of course, 45 minutes after I walked out of the store I got a call that the pouch for my fuel belt had arrived.  I think I'll wait until after Christmas to pick it up.  I have had enough of the traffic for this year!

I did pick up a GU and a Rocktane to try on my upcoming long races.  I want to make sure my stomach handles them well.  I also need to start doing a better job hydrating before and after my long runs.  I have noticed a huge difference when I hydrate properly.  After Christmas, I am going to really work on my overall nutrition plan for the rest of my training.  I want to make sure I adequately fuel without adding in unnecessary calories.  

We had some family over tonight and it was fun.  It really starts to feel like Christmas when you have family around.

0 comments:

Post a Comment