Friday, December 19, 2008

Easy Run Today....

I was scheduled for a 6 mile easy run at 10:02 per mile.  I wanted to run a little faster, so I went out around 9:28 per mile.  It felt pretty good outside, except when I was going head first into the wind.  It also got a little warm when the sun came out and I was out of the wind.  Still, for a mid December day, it was great weather.  

Roadkill report:  The dead squirrel on the sidewalk on E. North Street is still there after 5 days...  I guess I am not the only one too lazy to move it.  To quote Clark Griswold in Christmas vacation, "Where is Eddie, he usually eats these **** things."

My coach Allan is going to run the 'Resolution Run' half marathon with me on January 3rd and we are targeting a 9:30 pace.  That will be about 45 seconds per mile slower than the half I ran in October.  It will be a whole lot slower than Allan normally runs, but he has the Houston Marathon two weeks later so he will be in his taper and not looking to run fast.

With my marathon coming up in February, I didn't want to run this half all out.  I am glad Allan is pacing me.  That way I won't start out too fast.  I still haven't mastered the skill of running the race for my own goals and not against everyone else in the field.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment