Monday, November 17, 2008

Weekend Update...

What a weekend! Young son and I headed to Clemson with Lee and Julian Friday afternoon to set up for camping and attend Tigerama. We had a great time and the girls left for home while we were watching the fireworks. The rain held off most of the evening and Bobby played football with friends while I sat in the RV and watched football. We hit lights out about midnight and all was well.

About 2:15 or so, I hear Bobby getting up and heading out of the tent. He said he didn’t feel good and that must have been an understatement. He ended up tossing his cookies for the next 45 minutes while I tried to figure out what to do. I finally woke up my friend Billy and borrowed his car keys and hauled Bobby to my parents house in Easley where he stayed at Grandma General for the rest of the weekend. He was fine by Saturday afternoon, but I think he liked the treatment so much he stayed for another 24 hours of observation....

Meanwhile, I made it back to the tent about 4:00 am and promptly fell asleep for about 30 minutes until the storms rolled in. I slept off and on during the storms while I kept waiting on the tent to collapse. Fortunately it managed to survive. As I was falling soundly asleep after the rain, the guy in the RV next to us started working on his batteries because his generator wouldn’t fire up and his RV wouldn’t crank. That pretty much ended my sleeping....

So I got up and packed up the tent and equipment and had a great breakfast courtesy of Chef Elinor at the RV. The game was fun and we had a great time afterwards.

Now for the running news.... I got in 11.2 yesterday of my planned 14. I just ran out of time, I had the energy to keep going. I ran a nice, easy pace and it was a great feeling. I’m going for 3 or so today, though I may go longer to make up for what I missed yesterday.

Congrats to Marion, she BQ’d in San Antonio!

I can’t wait to read all about her training for that race!

0 comments:

Post a Comment