Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Lesson Learned...

Well, I learned a big lesson yesterday. After a fairly easy lunchtime run, I started getting chills and nothing got rid of them. I ate some warm soup, took a hot shower and got dressed but I still couldn’t warm up. In fact, I was getting colder and colder. I started getting lightheaded and a little disoriented too. I finally made back to the bedroom and got under all the covers I could find. After about an hour I finally fell asleep. Well, you guessed it, I was severely dehydrated.

I had a little stomach bug the day before but didn’t think anything of it. I obviously had not taken enough fluids in to replenish my body from that and then a run really put me over the edge. I am going to be much more diligent about keeping track of my liquid intake now, that was a miserable feeling.

So, remember that even in cool weather, it is important to be properly hydrated!

0 comments:

Post a Comment