Thursday, November 6, 2008

Odds and Ends....

I got in an easy 5K this morning. I ran negative splits, but really was taking it easy the whole time. Young son has his last baseball game of the season tonight and I had to go out of town for sales call, so it was all I could squeeze in.

I picked up our numbers for the Caine Halter Lungs4Life 5K. I am looking forward to the race. A lot of it will be on the new section of the Swamp Rabbit Trail behind Cleveland Street. I have no idea how big the field is, but I would expect several hundred runners. I love the fact that the race doesn’t start early, I can finally sleep in a little on a Saturday!

I want to get one of those velcro chip holding ankle bands that they use in triathlons. I am tired of having to tie my chip onto my laces and then have to stop at the ‘Chip Police’ at the end of the race and try to get my laces undone. Someone at Fleet Feet said that the Triathlon shops had those, so maybe I will go there this weekend.

After talking to the folks at Fleet Feet, I am definitely going to skip the Paris Mountain Road Race this year. It sounds like it would really take a lot out of me during a key part of my marathon training. There’s always next year!

I am in bad need of a Yoga class, but I don’t think I will make it there before next Tuesday... I’ll have to do some stretching on my own before Saturday. My calves are starting to tighten up just thinking about sprinting (well, that is what I call my fast pace anyway.... It makes me feel better to call it sprinting.) right now.

I am WAY behind on my mileage this week. I am supposed to do a 13 mile run Sunday, but I don’t know how realistic that is at this point. I think I’ll at least try to get 10 in on Sunday and go from there.

Thinking of long runs, I saw a sign a the corner of Cleveland and Faris that lists the mileage on the swamp rabbit trail... I think it was 9.4 from that point to Furman, so I may use it on an ‘out and back’ for some of my long runs.

Well, it’s time to get through today and look forward to baseball tonight!

0 comments:

Post a Comment