Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Legs are feeling better...

I ran 9.2 last night at a comfortable 9:14 pace. My legs definitely appreciated the time off, but my weight did not. Halloween weekend and no running is not a good combination! The only issue I had last night was that I stepped on a hickory nut that was under some leaves and my left foot was killing me for the last 3 miles or so. I was going to stretch it to 10 or 11 miles, but the pain wasn’t worth it. It feels good today, so I hope it was just some cramping more than a deep bruise. I’ll find out at lunch time when I try to get a tempo run in.

We have the Caine Halter Lungs4Life 5K this Saturday. It is a refreshing change to have a race that doesn’t require me to be out of the house at the crack of dawn. The course looks pretty good on a map. I hope I feel the same after I have run it. I was originally hoping for a PR here, but now I don’t think that will happen. I haven’t gotten all my speed back since the half and I don’t know that it will suddenly appear on Saturday.

As for future races, I am going out to Eastside High on Thanksgiving to run the Turkey Trot there. Other than that, I don’t have much on the schedule. I was considering the Paris Mountain 20K, but given how much time it has taken me to recover from the Spinx half, I don’t really want to do that 8 weeks before the Myrtle Beach Marathon. I will probably look for some 5K or 10K races I can use for tempo runs. I think the Green Valley race is the week before Myrtle Beach, so I may run the 8K there.

I missed yoga yesterday. I hope to get there Friday but I am not sure if I will or not. I’ll definitely make it next week and get back in the rhythm.

The only other thing I am working on is deciding what my next pair of shoes will be. I want to get them for Christmas so I can break them in for Myrtle Beach....

0 comments:

Post a Comment