Thursday, November 13, 2008

Back on track....

Well, 48 hours after my run-in with dehydration things appear to be back to normal. I went out for a short run today and kept up an 8:06 pace for 3 miles with no ill effects. Hopefully, I’ll get out for a longer run tomorrow. In retrospect, I realized that I was not drinking as much water at work as I normally do and I think that along with my stomach bug helped me along the way towards this episode.

I have pretty much written this week off as far as getting my miles in that I needed. I am camping out with my son tomorrow night, so I likely won’t run on Saturday. I hope to get a long run in Sunday but I see that it is supposed to be pretty cold. I am going to shoot for a ‘normal’ week next week.

On one of my routes, I have to cross in front of a McDonald’s and it gets pretty dicey sometimes with people flying out of the drive though at one spot and people flying to make a left turn into the parking lot at the entrance. I usually think about how many times I would pull in a fast food place before I decided to change my lifestyle. I know what the people in the cars are thinking, because I used to be one of them. I never thought I would be one of those ‘insane running people’ out in the rain.... Of course, I never thought I would like a Mac more than a PC either.... I’m just slow that way....

I have a new game I play while running. When I see a rock, roadkill or some other debris in a pretty busy spot I try to guess how long it will stay there. I am amazed at how long some things sit in the same place despite the traffic and weather. There is one particularly disgusting piece of debris on the sidewalk on the corner of E. North and Haywood that has set the record so far. It has been there for at least 2 months. I guess it will be a good test of how long it takes latex to break down...

Good luck to fellow GTC member Marion this weekend at the San Antonio Marathon! You go girl!

0 comments:

Post a Comment