Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Rest day...

Well, I got in 4 yesterday instead of 3. I ran a comfortable pace of 8:22 and felt pretty good. I took today off and will pick back up with 7 miles on Wednesday.

I really need to get some more cold weather gear. I had planned on global warming preventing me from having to wear tights, but I must have mis-understood the concept. The nice wind chill just adds to the fun.

I did find some positives about running in cold weather:

  • Gatorade stays cold in my fuel belt.
  • More motivation to pick my pace up.
  • Adding variables like wind speed and direction make picking running routes similar to three dimensional chess.
  • The feeling of getting blasted by a leaf blower is unique.
  • Stepping into an ice cold puddle helps numb the pain in your feet and ankles.
  • Dry leaves on the ground make it easier to hear the dogs running up behind you.
  • The garbage cans and dumpsters don’t stink as much in the winter.

Now that I have wasted a minute of your life with my ramblings, let me know your ‘favorite’ things about cold weather running....

0 comments:

Post a Comment