Thursday, July 23, 2009

OK, that was not fun!

Yesterday was one of the worst runs I have ever had in my life. I have a few ideas as to why it was so bad...

1) My 'easy' run on Tuesday.... I didn't exactly run it as an easy run. Silly me thought it was 'only' three miles and I might as well put a little effort into it. Maybe there is a reason that Sunday is a long run, Monday is rest and Tuesday is 'easy'....

2) I underestimated the humidity factor. Dumb move. I've lived here all my life and I should know that just because it is cloudy with a little breeze it is still going to be humid and the sun will probably come out. That is exactly what happened about one mile in. The humidity was high and when the sun started beating down on me it took a toll. I normally carry hydration for hard runs over five miles, but I didn't this time.

3) I went out at too fast of a pace. I held my own for three miles and then started a painful decline into misery.

So, I plan on trying to pay attention when the plan calls for an 'easy' run from here on out. I also hope to remember to go out at a slower pace and work on finishing strong.

No run today. I run 5, 5 & 12 the next three days.

0 comments:

Post a Comment