Friday, July 17, 2009

14 miles left this week and 10 pounds to shed.....

I am happy that two weeks in, well almost two weeks in, I feel good. The adjustment back to the hills hasn't bee too bad. Running Wednesday in the brutal heat was pretty dumb though.

I want to lose about 10 pounds to get down to my 'racing weight'. I think it will make a big difference over the course of the training. The only thing holding me back is me. I am toying with going back to Weight Watchers meetings for a month or so to get the weight off. I am going to give it two more weeks and then decide.

I am in that zone where my clothes fit and I feel great, so I am not as motivated as I should be. That is a dangerous place to be because pretty soon I'll end up with tight clothes and in a panic! One thing I want to do is get back to morning runs. That sets the day up for me to be more in control of my eating. Lunch time runs tend to send me into a pre-supper snack mode that can carry on through the night.

Anyway, as far as running goes I have 5 miles tomorrow and 9 slow miles on Sunday. I hope to really be able to go at a slower pace on Sunday. If I can master that now, I am sure it will benefit me when the 18-22 mile runs come.

A big attagirl to Megan for deciding to give the MB Marathon a try this winter. I can't wait to hear her race report.

0 comments:

Post a Comment