Monday, July 27, 2009

12 Miles....

Yesterday was my longest run since the Greer Earth Day Half. I added in an extra half mile uphill to start the run. I kept me from doubling up a long stretch of East North Street. I haven't gotten a good route longer than 10 miles yet, so this was a little of an experiment. I think the extra uphill was a good workout.

I felt good through 10 miles and started having some minor pains and cramps in my feet for the last two miles. I think I suffered from no breakfast and no hydration that morning. I didn't get out until about 9:30 and it was 88 when I finished. I ran out of fluids at the 9 mile mark.

Pretty good shape today, but I am a little more sore than I expected. Tomorrow is 4 miles easy, so hopefully it will stretch me out and I can get a hard workout in on Wednesday.

I took my tunes with me. The 9 miler last week without tunes was too far. I am good for an hour or so with nothing but my own thoughts, but after that I began to bore myself.

0 comments:

Post a Comment