Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Doesn't it feel great to finish a run?

Finishing a run is a great feeling. Not for the reason you may think either. It isn't because it is over, but rather because of the feeling of accomplishment. I think there is certainly an endorphin high, but the mental boost of setting a goal and accomplishing it is a rush as well.

Yesterday my run was miserably slow. My body was tight from the Sunday 12 mile run. I didn't push my speed but finished it up and still felt great afterward. Today was a 'hard' hill workout day and I pushed it pretty good. I had much more energy than yesterday and my legs had more life in them. I found a new trick for my mid-run hydration. I fill my fuel belt bottles and freeze them. They are nice and cool about 3 miles into my run. I don't mind the warm drink I normally get, but the cold fluids were a refreshing change.

Rest day tomorrow then three days straight at 5, 5 and 10.

0 comments:

Post a Comment