Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Great morning for a run!

Wow! The weather was great this morning. I wish that today was my long run day. I hope the weather is about the same tomorrow as I have a six mile run scheduled. As I look at the training schedule, I noticed that today's three mile run is the shortest run I have on the books until September 1. It is going to be quite the test to see how my body holds up as the mileage piles up.

Wednesdays are going to be my least favorite days, at least until the really long runs start. Wednesdays are some form of speed work. The first six weeks is just running a hilly course (no problem there) at a fairly hard pace (that is where the problems come in!) Then the track workouts, hill sprints and stuff starts. Having never run track in my life, I am not looking forward to those.

I hope to work yoga into the mix on one of my off days. I will have to take an early lunch to make that happen.

1 comment:

  1. Don't fear the track. It can take some getting used to, but it's not too bad, especially if you take advantage of the GTC Wednesday group. It's always nice to have others around!

    ReplyDelete