Monday, July 13, 2009

Marathon Training - Week 1 in the books....

I completed week one of my marathon training without any issues for the most part. I actually ran 3 miles more than I was scheduled for the week. Yesterday was a seven mile long run and I did have some trouble adjusting back to the heat and humidity and HILLS... I went out too fast for a long run and it bit me on the last two miles. I also think I was a little dehydrated.

This week I think I am scheduled to run 29 miles with a long run of nine miles on Sunday. Hopefully that will go better than yesterday. The pace picks up in week three with the long run stretching to 12 miles before a drop back in week four.

The new Asics feel great. I am still using my Nikes about 1/3 of the time and that seems to work well.

Today is a 'rest' day and I am not doing anything. Normally I try to hit the elliptical or bike on rest days, but I felt like just taking the day off today. Back at it tomorrow.

0 comments:

Post a Comment