Friday, August 7, 2009

Robert the Dog Rescuer?

I was out for my 'easy' four miler today at lunch, kicking myself in the tail for not rolling out of bed and running before daylight, when I come across a pitiful looking old poodle in the middle of the road dragging her leash. She could hardly walk and her tongue was hanging out as she panted. The runner in me said 'Keep going, her owner is around.' The rest of me said 'This could be bad, there may be an old person keeled over somewhere.'

The rest of me won out and I ran over to the dog and picked her up. I read her tag, but didn't recognize the name and I didn't have my cell phone with me to call the number. I did know someone that lived near there and stopped by to find out if they knew the owner. Sure enough they did and I carried my new friend back to her home. It turns out her owner is legally blind and had not noticed the dog wandered off as they were sitting in the carport. I left the dog and went on my way.

It was only later that I realized how funny I probably looked in my running clothes bounding around with an old poodle in my arms, pink leash in tow. I'm sure people driving by thought I was the one that was lost!

0 comments:

Post a Comment