Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Hmmm....

Ok, now I find out there was a break in going on in the neighborhood I was running through on Sunday morning about the same time I saw I guy running in jeans... Could be a coincidence, but I doubt it.

I got a nice, cool seven miles in today. Well, I was wishing it was cool. I got home and looked up the temp to put it in my log and the heat index was 102... No wonder I ran slow and sweated like a hog on the 4th of July! I've got to force myself to hydrate some on these day runs. I'm glad I have a fuel belt.

It is time for me to start thinking about fueling on long runs as I stretch out to 13 miles this week. I need to research what they provide on the course in the marathon. I also might just carry some fig newtons or jelly beans with me along with my fluids. I still need to find a nice 4 mile route. I haven't really been happy with any I have used as they all tend to really be 5 mile routes, so I end up walking a mile or running over.... Yes, I could run for 2 miles and turn around and run home. That is the logical thing to do. I don't like doing that though and I can't really give you a good reason why either!

0 comments:

Post a Comment