Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Long time, no post....

Wow, can life get in the way sometimes or what?

I have had a pretty good week as far as running goes. Allergies and sinus infections seem to be making their way around the house, so that has put a little drag on things but we are all still moving forward. I have the Greer Earth Day Half Marathon on Saturday and I am completely and totally not-ready for it! I haven't run long enough in training to expect any kind of chance at a PR, so I am going to just shoot to finish. I ran 9 on Saturday and then 7 at a my normal half marathon pace yesterday. I meant to go to the gym today, but it just didn't happen. I'll do an easy 5 miles or so tomorrow, gym on Thursday and then a light 2 or 3 miles on Friday.

The one decision I have left before Saturday is whether or not to run with my iPod. So far, I have run both my half marathons without it, but I know it would be easier with it. Well, easier might not be the right word.... It would be an extra distraction for me if I start to bonk or run into some pain along the way. The negative is that I tend to pick up my pace with the music and I could start out at a faster pace than I can maintain.

A brief note of congratulations to fellow GTC runner Marion for finishing the Boston Marathon yesterday! Great job! And, good luck to Megan who is running her first marathon this Saturday. I can't wait until October when I complete two marathons on the same day, my first and last!

2 comments:

  1. Normally I have not run my races with my iPod, but I would recommend it for the Greer Half. The course is pretty boring and music could be a lifesaver.

    My wife and I are volunteering so hope to see you there. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be the slow guy in the GTC singlet... :)

    I haven't worn an iPod in a half before, but I am leaning toward taking it. I'll be on the lookout for you.

    ReplyDelete