Friday, April 24, 2009

A half marathon tomorrow, really?

I guess it is true. My bib was mailed to me weeks ago, so the reality should have set in back then. Now I stand at the edge of the cliff and hope that some optical illusion saves me, ala Indiana Jones and the last Crusade when he had to walk across thin air to get to the Holy Grail....

I did a hard 30 minutes on the elliptical yesterday just to break a sweat. I probably won't do anything other than maybe take a walk today. Lots of hydration. It will be hot tomorrow, so I want to make sure I have plenty of fluids before the race.

I was reading the race information and noticed they are having pace groups for 7, 8, 9 & 10 minute miles. I thought I might head out with the 9 minute group just to keep from going too fast out the chute. I'd love to run a 9 minute pace for the whole race, but I am not sure how realistic it is. My past pace has been in the 8:45 range for a half, but I had trained harder for those.

Good luck to everyone racing this weekend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment