Monday, January 25, 2010

Slowly moving into the year....

I have had some good runs lately, but I still need to drop 10 pounds to get down to my preferred running weight. If it doesn't start dropping a little quicker, I will head back to Weight Watchers to get my eating in control.

Greenville News was a great course this year. Lee and I ran with young son, so there was plenty of time to enjoy the scenery. Not sure he really needs to pushing the 5K's right now because he just doesn't get enough work in at the school running club. I think we may limit him to 1 milers for a while and see if he really likes running or not.

Coaching my daughters basketball team may take me out of the Green Valley 10 Miler... I would really be pushing to get ready for it anyway. I still want to get in shape for a decent Reedy River 10K and then the Greer Earth Day half. That race was really brutal with the unexpected heat last year and I want to give it another shot now that I am prepared for the course.

This week should be a good one for running. I think I am going to take today off because of this cold I am fighting and then get back on the horse tomorrow. I guess I need to go ahead and pick a training plan for the Greer Half so I can really get some motivation.

0 comments:

Post a Comment