Sunday, September 27, 2009

OK, I'm back.....

Well, training was going pretty well. I got my first twenty miler in two weeks ago and felt great. Then I did my normal mid-week running and felt great. Then at the end of the week I started really feeling a sinus infection coming on. It hit me hard on the weekend and I bailed on my long run that Sunday. I got two midweek runs in last week while recovering and then got my scheduled 15 miler in today.

The good news is my body felt great on the long run. The bad news is that I was pretty well gassed at the end. I think that running late in the day didn't help, I normally run early. I also think that I still have a little hangover from my sinus infection. I hope to have a good week of running leading up to my 22 miler next Sunday.

I cannot believe that 28 days from now I will be a marathoner. I still question my ability to finish, but if I get through the 22 miler I will feel pretty good about making it after a nice taper in my training.

Now for my current dilemma, my shoes are creeping up on the end of their life cycle. I am sure I could run in them through the marathon, but I really think I need to get a new pair. I guess I should just get the same thing since they have done well during training. Saying that, I am a sucker for new shoes and I have only bought the same pair of shoes I previously had on one occasion.

I guess with the big day looming, I should play it safe and I probably will.

2 comments:

  1. If you plan to buy, do it now so you can break them in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what I decided to do... I'll get 60 or 70 miles on them before the race.

    ReplyDelete