Friday, June 19, 2009

Two mornings in the books....

Wednesday and Thursday I got out and ran early. It felt great. I didn't quite have the time I needed to get my 7 milers in, so I am seriously behind on my monthly mileage now. I wasn't going to run today because of the race tomorrow, but I may change my mind. Running early has been great though, I have really enjoyed it.

I really need to finalize a training plan for the marathon since my 16 week countdown will start on 7/6. I was considering this challenge that Runners World is doing after I read all the hype and articles in this month's issue. Then I went to the site and saw it was $135 to sign up. There are enough free plans out there that I think I will survive without it. I must admit that I sometimes wonder how 'virtual coaching' would work for me. Would it give me some extra accountability and motivation? I'm not sure.

Regardless, I need to set a goal for the marathon and pick a plan to support it. I think that has been my big issue, setting a goal. Part of me really wants to shoot for a four hour marathon and part of me wants to just finish and go buy my 26.1 sticker for the car! We'll see which part of me wins.....

0 comments:

Post a Comment