Sunday, May 10, 2009

Too much time on my hands....

The title may make you think I am sitting around doing nothing all the time. That couldn't be further from the truth. In my running life, I am in a lull. We a have a couple of races coming up, most notably the Sunrise 8K in June, but nothing major is on the horizon. I still haven't picked a training plan for the marathon. I am just kind of spinning my wheels with no real direction. The only real goal I want to accomplish is to lose 10 pounds and I am not overly concerned with that since I am still at/below my weight watchers goal weight.

I have read where having some down time is good for your body and mind when it comes to running. I know that August, September and October are going to be grueling months of marathon training in some pretty good heat, so maybe taking it easy right now isn't all bad. Friday night went about like I expected.... We bailed on the GHS 5K because young son had a ball game rescheduled for Friday night. Of course, we got an email about 3:00 on Friday that the games were officially cancelled because of the rain earlier in the day. Instead of trying to get things worked out to make the race, we just ran 5 miles at home. It was nice running together and we had not done that in while. Saturday was busy with chores, baseball and a Girl Scout dinner for teenage daughter. Sunday was spent in church, lunch with my folks and an afternoon of hole digging for Lee's new plants. In other words, no running. Other than the fact I ate too much this weekend, I didn't mind the time off from running. I hope to get back on it today or tomorrow.


0 comments:

Post a Comment