Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Countdown...

Wow, I can't believe that the marathon is less than a week away! I am supposed to run today, Wednesday, Thursday and a 'very easy' 3 miles on Saturday. I am not sure about the Saturday run at this point... I'll probably do a few miles though.

The 12 miler on Sunday was a breeze. Now I am really starting to get nervous though. The thoughts about never having run the distance and such are coming into my head. The three tips I have gleaned from some 'expert' runners for this week are to stay off my legs as much as possible, sleep all I can and hydrate. I am going to try and avoid all carbonated beverages this week and stick with coffee, tea and water.

The Spinx Runfest is the Saturday after the marathon. My son is going to run/walk the 5K I think. I am trying to decide if I am going to attempt the half... Not sure if I will do that or not. Clemson plays at home that day at 1:30, so I would want to finish by 10 and then get a quick shower and head out. That might be cutting it close.

Anyway, I hope my shoes continue to break in and the weather forecast holds for the weekend. It should be an adventure!

0 comments:

Post a Comment