Friday, March 12, 2010

Still going...

I am starting to feel a little more confident again. Reedy River 10K was a great run. Lee and I ran together the whole way and that was nice. She thought I was holding back but truth be told, I was happy with the pace. This week hasn't gone as planned because of the weather. I am glad I ran Monday and Tuesday. Wednesday and Thursday I hit the elliptical. I hope to get out today and then get in 8 or so on Sunday.

I have started running some different routes. I don't really think they are better. In fact, they keep me on concrete sidewalks more than my old ones did. For whatever reason, my brain is wanting to run that direction though. Part of it is that my 'normal' route goes by the neighborhood pool and I am in pool avoidance mode right now. I have the pleasure of being president of our neighborhood pool and this is the worst time of year as we are eagerly anticipating dues coming in. I hate interrupting a good run with the stress I feel as I run by the pool!

Anyway, I have been pleasantly surprised with my running of late and I am starting to look forward to the Earth Day half. Not sure what I will race after that. The Sunrise Run is a good one, but the night before the race I always dread getting up that early. Of course, the candlelight run is an option that doesn't affect my sleep but I absolutely cannot stand the course out at iCar. I understand the beauty of having a place that is easy to control traffic, but a straight course that has no flat sections just gets old real fast.

Enough moaning and groaning... It is Friday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment